Based on the Character Map tool you already know but made just for Windows 8.
Easily browse and search for any character in any font. View Unicode information about characters, copy them to the clipboard and even save them as transparent images. Character map was made with software developers in mind and provides extra features for the Segoe UI Symbol font to make it easy to use as icons inside your apps.
- Supports all installed fonts.
- Automatically excludes non-printable glyphs.
- Get Unicode information for each character.
- Copy as markup to use in apps.
- Get the Windows developer enumeration name for a character.
- Search for characters by decimal, hex, or name.
- Save character as a transparent image of any size.
- Group characters by code page.