You can use the Lync Windows Store app to join a Lync Meeting, but you must have a Lync account already to enjoy all the advanced features and capabilities of the Lync app. Keep in mind that some features might not be available to you, depending on your Lync server and your account settings. For more information about your Lync account, please contact your support team.
Lync Windows Store app is reimagined for the new Windows Experience and optimized for touch, providing fast and natural communication and collaboration tools. You can easily make audio and video calls, run online meetings, check your colleagues’ presence status, and send instant messages.
- Communicate from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Easily switch between IM, audio and video, or use all of them at the same time.
- Stay connected with your colleagues using real-time status updates, presence information, and quick contact search and management.
- Join Lync Meetings with a single touch, and easily switch between IM, group video, and content views.
- Take control of shared screens, apps, or PowerPoint decks in Lync Meetings.
- Stay connected while reducing resource consumption. Lync provides background and connected standby connectivity so you never miss an important conversation.
- Use apps side-by-side when you need to reference another app or website while using Lync. You can snap Lync to the side of your screen so you can multitask and use both apps at the same time.