Along with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, Microsoft is releasing the Windows 8 Production floor app that works with the product. This app is compatible only with installations of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 or later.
With the Production floor app, you have a mobile, actionable overview of the production jobs that need your attention today. You can quickly perform daily production tasks such as starting jobs, reporting jobs as finished, and registering breaks and absence. Large font sizes and input controls improve readability and make the app easy to use while you’re on-the-go.
Want to try it out? You can download the app and run it in a demonstration mode that lets you explore the features without a connection to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- View details about active production jobs
- Start production jobs, report jobs as finished, and enter feedback
- Read files that are attached to production jobs
- Clock in or clock out when you start or exit the app
- Register breaks, indirect activities, and absence