Introducing the Bing Maps Preview app, exclusively on Windows 8.1.
Featuring stunning 3D world and city views, the Bing Maps Preview app puts you at the center of a smart, local experience that helps you get things done. The app is optimized for touch with easy-to-use controls.
Need to get there on time? Personalized traffic alerts keep an eye on the traffic for your favorite routes and alert you when there are delays via live tiles and Windows notifications.
Looking for something local that you’ll love? Get user reviews and business hours, see photos, reserve a table and more. You can even view where you’re going before you get there with Streetside.
The Bing Maps Preview app installs as a separate app and will not replace the Maps app on your device.
- New! Get more easy-to-compare transit routes and find transit options and stops near you
- New! Streetside views are easier to use with better navigation and street labelling
- Get Yelp and TripAdvisor ratings and reviews for restaurants, hotels and other businesses
- Easily find 3D cities with the new Explore 3D experience
- Search more quickly and easily with inline suggestions
- Experience 3D maps with dynamic labels and high-resolution aerial imagery with terrain mapping
- View select cities in interactive high-resolution 3D
- Use touch gestures on the map to change the angle of view and to rotate the map
- Step into Streetside to see what a location really looks like with 360 degree panoramas.
- Search for businesses, get driving, transit and walking directions, and browse local businesses
- Call or book restaurants, hotels and more, directly from the app
- Receive traffic alerts, and monitor traffic conditions on your favorite routes with live tile updates
- Get, share, and print step-by-step driving, walking and transit directions
- Tap on landmarks to learn more about local sights and attractions
- Save your favorite places and add pins to customize your map
- Note: Some features may not be available in some markets.