DragonBox Algebra 12+: An inexpensive algebra tutor that fits in your pocket.
DragonBox Algebra 12+ is a must-have tool for students who wish to earn better grades and gain confidence in algebra and mathematics. It covers the same topics as the award winning game DragonBox Algebra 5+, but moves on to cover more advanced topics in mathematics and algebra. It also includes practice tasks that allow students to practice specific types of algebraic operations.
DragonBox Algebra 12+ covers the following algebraic concepts:
* Positive and Negative signs
* Addition of Fractions (Common Denominators)
* Collection of Like Terms
DragonBox Algebra 12+ is suitable for more advanced students than DragonBox 5+, as it covers curriculum from late primary to early high school.
DragonBox uses a novel pedagogical method based on discovery and experimentation. Players learn how to solve equations in a playful and colorful game environment where they are encouraged to experiment and be creative. By manipulating cards and trying to isolate the DragonBox on one side of the game board, the player gradually learns the operations required to isolate X on one side of an equation. Little by little, the cards are replaced with numbers and variables, revealing the operators the player has been learning throughout the game.
Playing does not require supervision, although parents can assist them in transferring learned skills into pen and paper equation solving. It is a great game for parents to play with their kids and can even give them an opportunity to freshen up their own math skills.
DragonBox was developed by former math teacher Jean-Baptiste Huyhn and has been heralded as a perfect example of game-based learning. As a result, it is currently forming the basis of an extensive research project by the Center For Game Science at the University of Washington.
DragonBox Algebra has received many distinctions including the Gold Medal of the 2012 Serious Play Award (USA), the Best Serious game at Bilbao´s Fun and Serious Game Festival and the Best Serious Game at the 2013 International Mobile Gaming Awards. It is also recommended by Common Sense Media where it won the Learn ON award.
* 10 progressive chapters
* 10 practice chapters
* 357 puzzles
* Basic algebraic rules with which the child can experiment
* A focus on minimal instruction encourages creativity and experimentation from the player
* Multiple profiles for easy progress control
* Dedicated graphics and music for each chapter
* Multiple supported languages: English, français, norsk, svenska, dansk, español, 한국어, italiano, português, Deutsch, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文, suomi, Nederlands, Eesti, Euskara, Türkçe, Čeština, Lietuvių, Magyar, 日本語...
2013 International Serious Play Awards
- Basic algebraic rules with which the child can experiment
- A focus on minimal instruction encourages creativity and experimentation from the player
- 10 progressive chapters, 10 practice chapters
- 357 puzzles
- Multiple profiles for easy progress control
- Multiple supported languages: English, français, norsk, svenska, dansk, español, 한국어, italiano, português, Deutsch, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文, suomi, Nederlands, Eesti, Euskara, Türkçe, Čeština, Lietuvių...