File Explorer is an app that can be used to browse your local file system and interact with your files. Supports all your libraries by default and allows you to add any location from your computer or external device. It even allows adding files from another app to your local folder using the picker or by completing a share while you are in a different app.
File operations that are supported include: New Folder, Copy, Move, Add, Delete, Rename, and Open With.
- Different view modes including ability to browse two locations at once
- Location bar for easy access to previous folders
- Create new folders
- Add files from other apps using the Picker
- Rename, Delete, Copy, and Move files
- Search your libraries
- Share selected files in File Explorer to another application
- Launch files with the appropriate application
- Paste files into a folder that you copied in File Explorer or elsewhere in Windows
- Supports sharing to a local folder when you are using another app
- Sort folder contents by name or date