Flickr Daily Pictures SlideShow is a simple app for Windows 8 Metro style UI. It uses your internet connection to retrieve pictures from the flickr service of Yahoo! using flickr interestingness API and then shows the pictures on screen sequentially. Each picture will be shown on screen for 15 seconds.
It does not require a flickr account. So it will not collect or store any user related information. It retrieves and shows the pictures and related information from flickr, it will not store, sell or exchange any of picture related information. It will not expose any user or picture related information.
Before you start to run it, you must make sure that you have the internet access. It is used to access the flickr service. The usage of the app is very easy, just download and run it. The app is designed according to the design guideline of app for Windows 8 store. The usage of its appbar and charm bar obey the guideline from Microsoft. If there is any problem about how to use the app, please refer to the help document that located in the settings charm of the app.
The privacy statement is located in the settings charm.
Sangeeta Kardam from www.ilovefreesoftware.com has reviewed this app as one of the best free apps available. Please refer to the website, http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/24/windows8/windows-8-photo-slideshow-app-flickr-daily-pictures-slideshow.html.
This app has been tested by the BestWindows8Apps.net and found to be completely clean of viruses/spyware components. It gets the "100% CLEAN" award and an editor rating (8.5 / 10).
If you have any question or suggestion, please send a mail to me. My mail box is email@example.com.
- Retrieve pictures from flickr.
- Show the pictures sequentially and continuously.
- Show the pictures sequentially and continuously. The time interval between two consecutive pictures is changeable.
- Search for the pictures. The search is based on picture's title, description and tags.
- Share or sync the current picture with other apps.
- Save the current picture.
- Set the current picture as the lock screen background image.
- Support the standard features of appbar and charm bar.
- Set the current picture as the tile image.
- resize or scale the picture.
- Transition effects when the slideshow changes the picture.