JW Language is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses to help language learners improve their communication skills in the ministry and at congregation meetings. It includes phrases, pictures and activities for language learning.
After installing the app, select your primary language and the language you are learning. Choose from the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Mandarin (Simplified), Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Myanmar, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
• Play phrase audio in any language without downloading (while connected to the Internet)
PICTURES & SCENES
• Learn useful vocabulary with pictures
• Tap on any object in a scene to see and hear its translation
• Create a collection from phrases or pictures
• Play learning games in any category or collection
- Discover and review essential words and phrases for preaching and teaching.
- See the content of various tracts in two languages arranged side by side for easy comparison.
- For languages that use writing systems that are not based on the Latin alphabet, Roman alphabet text has been included in all entries.
- Listen to the audio recording of a native speaker by tapping a phrase.
- Play videos in the language you are learning from within the app.
- Collections (formerly 'Favorites'): Build collections of phrases for Flashcard Lessons and Audio Lessons.
- Audio Lessons: Listen to all the items in a collection in sequence. Customize the order in which source and target language audio is played in each lesson.
- Audio Speed Control: Slow down audio clips to a fraction of their original speed