The popular Windows Phone SkyMap application, downloaded by more than one million users, now comes to Windows 8!
SkyMap is an amazing planetarium for your device. It enables you to point your device at the sky and see what stars, constellations, planets or deep space objects are out there in real time.
SkyMap shows the sky in 3D, like you see it at night time exposing a collection of over 110000 stars.
It’s very easy to use for any viewpoint, time and location on Earth: it determines your location automatically, supports pinch to zoom for more details and provides a highly customizable map.
*Free trial available
SkyMap has a full set of features in order to help both casual stargazers and amateur astronomers to explore and locate the objects in the sky.
- can use the current time and location but you can also customize them
- interactive zoom
- night mode
- touch screen support
- realistic Milky Way image and horizon
- stars twinkle
- constellations with beautiful Johannes Hevelius’s artwork
- constellations, stars, deep space objects, planets, sun and moon information
- fast loading and initialization
- point to sky mode
- improved sky map graphics: planet images, star colors, diffraction spikes, etc
- sky object information (wikipedia integration)
- alt/az grid
- additional customizations (show/hide map layers: planets, stars, messier objects, etc)
- settings persistance