This book has no pretensions; it is merely a record of events and impressions which nearly forty years of close study have accumulated. There seems to be a general agreement that the closing scenes of Byron’s short life have not been adequately depicted by his biographers. From the time of Byron’s departure from Ravenna, in the autumn of 1821, his disposition and conduct underwent a transformation so complete that it would have been difficult to recognize, in the genial, unselfish personality who played so effective a rôle at Missolonghi, the gloomy misanthrope of 1811, or the reckless libertine of the following decade.
Byron-The Last Phase, by Richard Edgcumbe is packaged with an easy to use book reader.
Once the app has been downloaded, you do not need an internet connection, so the book can be enjoyed anywhere.
- Built in Book Reader - Download and read
- Fixed text positioning on page turns for relaxed reading
- Table of Contents - Quickly skip to chapters
- Variable Font Size
- Internet connection NOT required to read the book
- Bookmark any paragraph to quickly return to a place of interest
- Light and dark screen modes
- Enable roaming to synchronize bookmarks and current page setting between devices