Freda+ is a program for reading electronic books (ebooks) on Windows. It reads EPUB (DRM-free), MOBI, FB2, HTML and TXT format books. The program offers customisable controls, fonts and colours, plus annotations and bookmarks, and the ability to look up dictionary definitions and translations, and (new feature) text-to-speech reading. Freda understands EPUB formatting information (bold/italic text, margins and alignment) and can display images and diagrams in books.
Freda can get books from on-line catalogs like Feedbooks, Smashwords and the Gutenberg Project. Or if you have an existing book collection, you can use OneDrive, DropBox or Calibre to share it with your phone. Freda can also download books from any website and from email attachments.
You can download books and keep them on your phone, so you can carry on reading when you don't have network connectivity, and you can pin your favourite books to the Start page.
Freda+ is a paid-for app. If you don't want to pay, download the Freda app instead - it's the same as this one, except that it shows advertising at the bottom of the main screen.
The manual is at http://www.turnipsoft.co.uk/freda .
- Allows access on-line book catalogs (Feedbooks, Smashwords, Gutenberg, Manybooks, Ebooksgratuits, ... ) plus OneDrive and DropBox
- Can work with the Calibre ebook library manager
- Includes dyslexic-friendly settings (and the the OpenDyslexic font), to assist reading for people affected by dyslexia
- Provides bookmarks, highlighting and annotations
- Offers any options for cutomising text appearance and layout
- Displays book layout including tables, diagrams and italic/bold text
- Synchonises your last read position, when you read on multiple devices
- Lets you tag books by subject, and sort/filter your bookshelf
- Offers text-to-speech, speedread and auto-scroll