The practical guide to creating a working garden for children in the early years to enjoy year after year.
Whatever time of year it is, involving young children in gardening can be an excellent way to develop a wide range of skills for the EYFS and can bring children of all abilities together.
This gem of a guide aims to provide a step-by-step guide to creating an early years garden from first conception to eating your own veg!
Where to start: how to plan for your garden and get funding
Calendar of what to plant and harvest when
Tips on plant that are great for cooking, as well as the ones that are guaranteed to give the quickest results
A wealth of activities based around your garden, all linked to the ELGs
An essential for any green-minded nursery, whether you are a novice or an experienced gardner.
The Early Years Gardening Handbook, by Sue Ward is packaged with an easy to use book reader.
Once the app has been downloaded, you do not need an internet connection, so the book can be enjoyed anywhere.
- Built in Book Reader - Download and read
- Fixed text positioning on page turns for relaxed reading
- Table of Contents - Quickly skip to chapters
- Variable Font Size
- Internet connection NOT required to read the book
- Bookmark any paragraph to quickly return to a place of interest
- Light and dark screen modes
- Enable roaming to synchronize bookmarks and current page setting between devices